Watkins Glen, located at the southern tip of Lake Seneca in Watkins Glen, New York is one of the premier permanent road courses in North America. This first class 3.4 mile facility hosted the United States Grand Prix for many years, and now the track is one of two road courses that Nascar Sprint Cup races on. This is the same track that drivers from Jeff Gordon to Jackie Stewart have driven on!
- Registration will take place in Garage Bay 1 (Spring Event) and Media Center (July event) on the morning of the event.
- The Track will open at 6:00 AM on the day of the event. Access to the facility is not allowed prior to this time.
- OVERNIGHT Parking on LOT 3 on Sunday night will be allowed for July 15th.
- Paddock trailer drop off or camping will not be allowed on Sunday night (July 15th). Camping will be allowed on Monday night only.
- Camping will be allowed on both prior nights for the April 30- May 1 event. You may enter the track from 6pm-9pm on Sunday April 29th.
- Optional Track Walk with corner by corner analysis of the track at the end of the day Monday with Enrique and 4 time national champion and Pirelli World Challenge Champion, SCDA president Elivan Goulart!
- A reminder that drivers can sign up for either a single day, or sign up for a two consecutive day event and receive a discounted entry fee!
- A limited number of arrive and drive rental Spec Miatas are available for this event.
- Classroom Instruction will take place inside the Media Center. Classroom Instruction will be provided by Enrique Guttin
- The new LITTLE SPEED SHOP will be open on the far end of the garages for tire mounting/balancing and more!
- We will utilize the ultra smooth and just repaved 3.4 mile LONG COURSE configuration at this event.
- SCCA Flaggers will be working this event. SCDA Customers are not expected to work corner stations.
- Food will be available at the track $12 “all-u-can-eat” Lunch Buffet each day! Food is located on the second floor of the Media Center. Lunch Hours are 12 – 1:30.
- SCDA Data and Video Coaching- SCDA is offering professional data and video coaching at our events. This is an affordable and individualized program that will help you take your driving to the next level. Our coaches are accomplished racers and industry experts that are able to pinpoint areas for improvement. Together you’ll come up with an action plan to help you achieve your goals.
- Private Driver Coaching is available with 2015 SCCA Spec Miata National Champion Jonathan Goring. Please call Jonathan if you would like his Coaching Services (860) 485 5736.
- Fast Girl Photo will be attending this event and taking photographs of all drivers.
- Dogs are allowed at the track but must be leashed at all times. Please pick up after your pets!
In Car Video at Watkins Glen From SCDA Spec Miata
Watkins Glen International Track Days & Schedule
2018 Watkins Glen Dates will include TWO events of two days: April 30- May 1 and July 16- July 17.
- 2018 SCDA WGI Schedule- April 30-May1
- 2018 SCDA WGI Schedule- July 16th- MONDAY Only
- 2018 SCDA WGI Schedule- July 17th- TUESDAY Only
SCDA Watkins Glen International Review
Watkins Glen International Information
Watkins Glen event entry fees are $389 retail for a single day or only $719 for a 2 day event. Pay only $369 for one day and $699 for both days if you register 1 month prior to the event.
Watkins Glen International
2790 County Route 16
Watkins Glen, New York
Area Lodging Suggestions
Please note that due to the Watkins Glen Wine Festival, we will not have access to the Garages at the JULY 17 & 18 Event. Customers are advised to park cars and trailers at the parking lot in front of the New Media Center during the July event.
Please note that complimentary camping will be allowed at this event on Monday Night (Only). Trailers may also stay overnight on Monday night.
The SCDA suggests The Falls Motel (607) 535-7262 in Montour Falls, NY for lodging that is clean and close to the track!
One other lodging option is The Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel. Phone (607) 535-6116. Make sure that you ask for the special Watkins Glen Car Club rate:
Rate is offered Sunday through Thursday
Village View: $165.00 / night
Lake View: $185.00 / night
Lake View Balcony: $205.00 / night
Queen Suites: $225.00 / night
Commodore Suite: $305.00 / night
Admiral Suite: $335.00 / night
- Seneca Springs Resort | (607) 546-4066 | Hector, NY
- Radisson Hotel Corning | (607) 962-5000 | Watkins Glen, NY
- Holiday Inn | (607) 962-5021 | Corning, NY
- Seneca Lodge | (607) 535-2014 | Watkins Glen, NY
- Download the Watkins Glen Tech Form
- Download the Student Evaluation Form
- Download the Instructor Evaluation Form
- Download the SCDA Classroom Overview Document
- 2018 SCDA WGI Schedule- April 30-May1
- 2018 SCDa WGI Schedule- July 16-17
**Please note that you are liable for any track damages.