The Watkins Glen International Driving Experience
Watkins Glen, located at the southern tip of Lake Seneca in Watkins Glen, New York is one of the premier permanent road courses in North America. This first class 3.4 mile facility hosted the United States Grand Prix for many years, and now the track is one of two road courses that Nascar Sprint Cup races on. This is the same track that drivers from Jeff Gordon to Jackie Stewart have driven on!
- Registration will take place in the new Media Center on the morning of the event.
- The Track will open at 6:30 AM on July 6. Access to the facility is not allowed prior to this time.
- OVERNIGHT Parking on LOT 3 on Sunday night will be allowed. Paddock trailer drop off or camping will not be allowed on Sunday night.
- Optional Track Walk 6:00 PM Monday with SCDA Classroom Instructor Enrique Guttin! Corner by corner analysis of the track at the end of the day Monday with Enrique and 4 time national champion and Pirelli World Challenge Champion, SCDA president Elivan Goulart!
- A reminder that drivers can sign up for either a single day, or sign up for a two consecutive day event and receive a discounted entry fee!
- A limited number of arrive and drive rental Spec Miatas are available for this event.
- Classroom Instruction will take place inside the Media Center. Classroom Instruction will be provided by Enrique Guttin
- Our friends at will have their trailer at this event, filled with safety equipment, Hans devices, helmets and More!
- We will utilize the ultra smooth and just repaved 3.4 mile LONG COURSE configuration at this event.
- SCCA Flaggers will be working this event. SCDA Customers are not expected to work corner stations.
- Food will be available at the track $12 “all-u-can-eat” Lunch Buffet each day! Food is located on the second floor of the Media Center. Lunch Hours are 12 – 1:30.
- Private Driver Coaching is available with 2015 SCCA Spec Miata National Champion Jonathan Goring. Please call Jonathan if you would like his Coaching Services (860) 485 5736.
- www.tracktimephotos.com will be attending this event and taking photographs of all drivers.
- Dogs are allowed at the track but must be leashed at all times. Please pick up after your pets!
In Car Video at Watkins Glen From SCDA Spec Miata
Watkins Glen International Track Days & Schedule
2017 Watkins Glen Dates will include July 17 & July 18.
SCDA Watkins Glen International Review
Watkins Glen International Information
Watkins Glen event entry fees are $385 for either single day or $695 for the 2 day event. $20 Early Bird Discount off single day if you register 1month prior to an event
Please note that you are liable for any track damages.
Watkins Glen International
2790 County Route 16
Watkins Glen, New York
Area Lodging Suggestions
Please note that due to the Watkins Glen Wine Festival, we will not have access to the Garages at the JULY 17 & 18 Event. Customers are advised to park cars and trailers at the parking lot in front of the New Media Center during the July event.
Please note that complimentary camping will be allowed at this event on Monday Night (Only). Trailers may also stay overnight on Monday night.
The SCDA suggests The Falls Motel (607) 535-7262 in Montour Falls, NY for lodging that is clean and close to the track!
One other lodging option is The Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel. Phone (607) 535-6116. Make sure that you ask for the special Watkins Glen Car Club rate of $149/night for the village view rooms and $169/night for the lake view rooms!
- Seneca Springs Resort | (607) 546-4066 | Hector, NY
- Radisson Hotel Corning | (607) 962-5000 | Watkins Glen, NY
- Holiday Inn | (607) 962-5021 | Corning, NY
- Seneca Lodge | (607) 535-2014 | Watkins Glen, NY
- Download the Student Evaluation Form
- Download the Instructor Evaluation Form
- Download a Written Lap of Watkins Glen
- Download the Classroom Overview Document
- Download the Watkins Glen Tech Form