The Virginia International Raceway (VIR)- Driving Experience
Recently chosen as one of Car and Driver Magazine’s top six road courses in the nation, VIRginia International Raceway is a multi-purpose road course offering professional and amateur auto and motorcycle racing, as well as a wide range of track events. Each year, VIR draws tens of thousands of spectators for some of the best road racing in the country. Its uphill Esses and sharp elevation changes not only make it a fan and driver favorite, but have also established it as a prominent testing facility for the automotive industry.
- We will be utilizing the classic 3.27mile long Full Course track configuration at this event.
- The SCDA takes pride in hiring top classrooms instructors with a well accomplished racing career.
- Please plan to get to the track no later than 7:00 AM. The day’s schedule can be printed below.
- A limited number of arrive and drive rental Spec Miatas are available for this event.
- All cars must be muffled to TBA at all VIR events.
- The SCDA will be providing complimentary donuts and coffee at Lime Rock events.
- Fast Girl Photo will be at these events, taking photos!
- Concessions will be open for breakfast and lunch
- SCDA Data and Video Coaching- SCDA is offering professional data and video coaching at our events. This is an affordable and individualized program that will help you take your driving to the next level. Our coaches are accomplished racers and industry experts that are able to pinpoint areas for improvement. Together you’ll come up with an action plan to help you achieve your goals.
- Private Driver Coaching at select Lime Rock Park events can be arranged through us with standouts such as 2015 SCCA Spec Miata National Champion Jonathan Goring. Please call Jonathan if you would like his Coaching Services (860) 485 5736.
- Fuel is available at the track, self-serve with a credit card.
VIR Track Events & Schedule
2018 Virginia International Raceway (VIR) Events will include: June 18 and 19.
- Download the Full Day Schedules for VIR
Virginia International Raceway (VIR)- Review
Virginia International Raceway (VIR) Information
VIR event entry fees are $389 retail for a single day or only $719 for a 2 day event. Pay only $369 for one day and $699 for both days if you register 1 month prior to the event.
1245 Pine Tree Rd, Alton, VA 24520
How do I ship packages to VIR?
All packages shipped to VIR will be delivered to the TMI Racing Products Store located in the North Paddock. The new shipping address is:
C/O TMI Racing Products
1140 North Paddock Road
Alton, VA 24520
The TMI store will be open 7 days per week for package pick up during normal business hours. On scheduled weekend events the store will be open from 7 am to 6 pm. Please note that all packages will be logged in and signed for at pick up; individuals requesting packages must show a valid identification at pick up.
For teams/persons wishing to ship packages from VIR, the drop off point is the VIR administrative building.
Please note that camping is not permitted at this track.
SCDA Discounted Lodging
- Download the VIR Tech Form
- Download the Student Evaluation Form
- Download the Instructor Evaluation Form
- Download the SCDA Classroom Overview Document