The Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park Driving Experience
The SCDA will host FOUR dates at Thompson Speedway Motorsporsts Park this 2018 season! This 1.7 mile road course has a nice mix of straights, challenging corners and some elevation changes. The pavement is brand new and the run off areas are very forgiving. Located in Thompson Connecticut, this beautiful motorsports facility is a track that you must plan to drive.
Some of the features on this exciting new venue include:
- Repaving of the historic 1950’s 1.7 mile road course to 38’wide, new curbing
- Upgrade to modern safety standards, adequate run off areas and modified turn design to accommodate modern racing and driving needs.
- A110’ span bridge that will accommodate hauler traffic in and out of the paddock area
- Thirty stall garage building
- New classrooms, offices, restrooms, timing and scoring tower, concessions stands
- Autocross and skid pad area
- New entrance and registrations building
- Upgraded safety fencing and barriers
- Upgraded New England Race Fuels/ Sunoco fuel station.
Participants can expect four on track drive sessions, one on one In Car Instruction if needed, and two Classroom Sessions. In an effort to provide maximum levels of safety, quality, and fun at our events, the SCDA will provide trained and certified flaggers at the corner stations. This ensures that our drivers can focus on one thing- improving their driving skills. This event is geared towards all skill level drivers, from Novice to Advanced. We would like to remind you that Spec Miatas are available for rent at this event.
In Car Video from Ian Prout’s ITB scda1.com #40 Honda Civic Si (6/8/14)
- We will be utilizing the challeging 1.7 mile Thompson Speedway track configuration at this event.
- The sound limit at Thompson Speedway is 103dB
- Drivers will be able to drop trailers at the Speedway the night before the event from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM (outside of gate)
- The SCDA is pleased to let our customers know that Luka Serdar will be handling Classroom Instruction sessions.
- Please plan to get to the track no later than 7:30 AM for all events
- Registration will take place in the Garage Building in the Paddock. It will open at 7:00 AM
- A limited number of arrive and drive rental Spec Miatas are available for this event.
- The SCDA will be providing complimentary donuts and coffee at this event.
- Track Time Photos will be at this event, taking photos!
- The Raceway Restaurant will have food for sale at the track. They will be open from 11 AM until 9 PM
- Bring your golf clubs, Thompson also has the 18 hole Raceway Golf Club golf course!
- Sunoco Race Fuel is available at the track, plan to pay with a credit card or cash. Fuel Pumps will be open between 10 AM to 1 PM. Available Fuel is 93 unleaded, 98 unleaded and 112 leaded.
- SCDA Data and Video Coaching- SCDA is offering professional data and video coaching at our events. This is an affordable and individualized program that will help you take your driving to the next level. Our coaches are accomplished racers and industry experts that are able to pinpoint areas for improvement. Together you’ll come up with an action plan to help you achieve your goals.
- Private Driver Coaching is available with 2015 SCCA Spec Miata National Champion Jonathan Goring. Please call Jonathan if you would like his Coaching Services (860) 485 5736.
- A limited number of Garage Bays are available for rent.
- Pets are allowed at Thompson Speedway, providing they are leashed and cleaned up after
Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park Track Days & Schedule
2018 Thompson Speedway events will include 5/12, 7/9, 8/25 and 10/1
SCDA Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park Review
Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park Information
All Thompson Speedway SCDA events are $389. $20 Early Bird Discount if you register 1month prior to an event
205 East Thompson Road
Area Lodging Suggestions
Please note that camping is not permitted at this track.
- Download the Thompson Speedway Tech Form
- Download the Student Evaluation Form
- Download the Instructor Evaluation Form
- Download the SCDA Classroom Overview Document
- Download the Daily Schedule